[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:33:16 CDT 2004

NOTE: Prior to starting this exercise I tried 20040505, 20040615 and
then pseudo 20040525 fro CVS)

export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.org:/home/wine
cvs login
cvs -z 0 checkout wine
cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-05 CDT"
cd wine
./configure --prefix=/usr
make depend && make

(Build takes 17 minutes. Program (jack_fst) works)

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-15 CDT"

(Build takes 15 minutes. Program works)

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-20 CDT"

(Build takes 10 minutes. Program works)

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-23 CDT"

(Build takes 7 minutes. Program works)

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-24 CDT"

(Build takes 2 minutes. Program works)

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-25 CDT"

(Build takes 8 minutes. PROGRAM FAILS!)

SEGFAULT

Amazing. 0505 worked. 0615 failed. 0525 was the exact middle. I did
that first. It failed. I then jumped to 0515 (middle of 0505 and 0525)
and had to work my way up. Too bad I didn't try 0524 last night... ;-)

Now, this is a Linux program that's crashing. We have the source, and
the program is relatively small. Does my command above include the
changes made on the 25th according to the change log, or does it only
include changes up through the 24th?????

How do I get down to udnerstand which *file* causes my problem?

I'm getting closer.

Thanks,
Mark

Now, in looking at