[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:34:01 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
> cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-25 CDT"
>
> (Build takes 8 minutes. PROGRAM FAILS!)
>
> SEGFAULT
>
> Amazing. 0505 worked. 0615 failed. 0525 was the exact middle. I did
> that first. It failed. I then jumped to 0515 (middle of 0505 and 0525)
> and had to work my way up. Too bad I didn't try 0524 last night... ;-)
>
> Now, this is a Linux program that's crashing. We have the source, and
> the program is relatively small. Does my command above include the
> changes made on the 25th according to the change log, or does it only
> include changes up through the 24th?????

It only includes changes through the end of the day (midnight) of the 24th.

> How do I get down to udnerstand which *file* causes my problem?

First go to http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-cvs/2004/05/index.html

There were only a few files committed on the 25th, so I would do them
one at a time. Pick a time between the commit times of the first two:

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-05-25 00:09:00CDT"

It is useful to watch as the files are patched, and make sure that only
the files expected to be updated are patched. In this case, the only
file that should have been patched is dlls/kernel/kernel_main.c Compile
and try. If that works, try the next commit.