[Wine]Application crashes when File->open is clicked

saravananv saravananv at erdcitvm.org
Thu Oct 28 00:34:56 CDT 2004

Hello,

	I found a bug in Latest wine releases. I found it in the
wine-20040914,wine-20040813 rpms for the RedHat Distributions.I had
tested it in RedHat-9.0,7.3 systems.
	The bug is that, when we try to open(file->open) from any windows
applications, the application hangs. For eg., even in Notepad, when I
click File-> Open, wine shows the following error.
---------
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000b), starting debugger...
WineDbg starting on pid 0xa
Unhandled exception: divide by zero in 32-bit code (0x403a5ff5).
In 32 bit mode.
0x403a5ff5: idivl       0xffffffc4(%ebp),%eax
Wine-dbg>
 	But the problem does not exist for older wine releases. Eg:
wine-20030508.
		I guess, the reason for the bug is with the config file.

Regards,
Saravanan