[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 08:45:12 CDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:04:51 -0700 (PDT), Walt Ogburn
<reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> That last one makes it look like the crash is in a different thread than
> the one we were looking at.
>
> I looked at jack_fst, and I guess you are using the fst library.  This
> borrows a bunch of files from wine, so it's not too surprising if it
> breaks when the real wine version and the borrowed stuff are very
> dissimilar.

Walt,
   I think you are very right about this. I've never looked at the
code for the fst library or jack_fst as I'm not a programmer, but I
now see that a number of the files in the fst library are clearly
taken from Wine. What's interesting (to me anyway) is that none of
them seem to be the ones that were modified on May 24 2004 - 20:29:24
CDT, and yet that is when jack_fst stopped working.

   Possibly I should do a simple diff on all the files in the fst
library against their counterparts in the version of Wine I'm trying
to use?

   What's the right process for the fst library to 'borrow' from Wine?
It seems that things in Wine will continue to change and this problem
(if indeed this is the problem) will come up again. I wonder how this
should be managed.

   Thanks so much for taking the time to look at the code. You've
given me hope. (And some work to do today.)

Cheers,
Mark