[Wine]Can't install Office 97

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Sat Oct 30 07:12:55 CDT 2004

I'm forwarding this back to the list (forgot to hit "Reply All" rather
than "Reply"? I do that all the time ;-) ), as I think that's probably
what you wanted.

robert_s at emailme.net.au wrote:
>>Actually, there has been an update to Portage, and the latest version is
>>now the really latest version, 20041019(-r1).
>>
>>You might want to do an emerge sync and upgrade.
>

> No luck - using wine-20041019:
>
> wine at basement .wine $ wine /mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe
> Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
> to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
> config file
> Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
> to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
> config file
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000c), starting debugger...
>
> I can get rid of all except the last message by removing the "Resolution"
> entry in the log file.  Don't know how to fix the registry entries.  Any
> clues??

I doubt it's anything more than a hackaround, but you could run wine
regedit and attempt to edit the Wine registry as required. Or,
naturally, open the *.reg files in a text editor and edit them manually.

Hopefully someone else knows a better way.

Holly