[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 15:35:18 CDT 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:25:52 -0700, Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:
> Walt Ogburn wrote:
> > It turns out the scribbling is almost it!  The crash is not the scribbling
> > itself, but the "char buf[JACK_THREAD_STACK_TOUCH];".  This is usually
> > something huge.  If you make it smaller, the crash goes away - for me, the
> > critical value is 14528 (OK), 14529 (crashes).  It seems that the end of
> > buf is getting close to 0xC0000000 when the size of buf is 14528, and
> > maybe something starts to go over.
> >
> > Now, I don't know anything about memory issues, so why is 0xC0000000 so
> > important?
> >

> That is very interesting! It might be worth posting a bit of history and
> this info to wine-devel, and see if someone has an idea. It would be
> necessary to describe the relationships between
> libjack/fst/jack_fst/Wine (it is a bit complicated ;)

Hi,
   I'm back here on Saturday aftenoon after soccer and other family
duties. I'm poking around and cannot find libjack on my system, at
least not with slocate and an up to date database. Where is it?

   I'm running Gentoo. Wine, fst and jack_fst are compiled from code.
Jack itself comes form an ebuild. Is libjack part of Jack itself?

Thanks,
Mark