[Wine]Quick fix for jack_fst?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 17:33:24 CDT 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:01:55 -0700, Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:
> Walt Ogburn wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Starting a new thread because the old one got very long...
>
> Yea, it is a bit out of control ;)

I was taking some pride in that we kept it alive so long! ;-)

> > A quick fix for jack_fst seems to be to pre-reserve a chunk of memory,
> > exactly like jack_activate does, but before wine_init gets called.  I put
> > the following function into jfst.c:
> >

> That works great for me too. Nice job.

Works fine here also. I've got a couple of VST synths up and running
under wine-20041019. This looks like a great start.

I'm sure the developers will be really happy to take this and run with
it. Thanks!

I am seeing one new problem that I didn't see with running the older
version of Wine. With that one I could pull up more or less as many
VSTs as I wanted. With this quick fix I only get two and then I hit an
error in (I guess) virtual.c:

flash mark $ jack_fst vst_dir/Crystal/Crystal.dll &
[1] 24005
flash mark $ Reserving memory: base=0xbff0afa4, size=1000000, end=0xbffff1e4

flash mark $ jack_fst vst_dir/Ambience.dll &
[2] 24024
flash mark $ Reserving memory: base=0xbff0afa4, size=1000000, end=0xbffff1e4

flash mark $ jack_fst vst_dir/SIR_1005.dll &
[3] 24030
flash mark $ Reserving memory: base=0xbff0afa4, size=1000000, end=0xbffff1e4
jack_fst: virtual.c:416: create_view: Assertion `next->flags & 0x01' failed.
fst signal handler 6, thread = 0x7ab4ebb0
fst signal handler 6 (TEB=0x7a34c000)

[3]+  Killed                  jack_fst vst_dir/SIR_1005.dll
flash mark $

This is in now way a complaint from me. I would seldom use more than 1
or 2 at a time, and it may just be caused hard coding the 1000000 into
the memory that was allocated.

Anyway, this is a big, big improvement. Thanks so much for all your efforts.

See you soon in my next thread about doing installations and some
interesting things I've found... ;-)

Cheers,
Mark