[Wine]Myst - config [x11drv] section documentation anywhere?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 20:55:47 CDT 2004

Hi,
   I'm attempting to bring up Myst but running into some issues that
are presumably graphics related. I had thought that I'd read the
manual before I started asking questions here but found that the Wine
Configuration File page is inconveniently missing the [x11drv]
section. Is there anything written but happens to be elsewhere that I
might read?

   The question I'm trying to address is that when starting Myst, Wine
creates and closes a number of windows (desktops?) and with each one I
get a one line message:

myst at flash myst $ wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Myst/myst.exe
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
config file
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP
from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsExW No matching mode
found! (desktop)
myst at flash myst $

This is with X running at 24 bit. If I change to 16 or 8 bit I get