[Wine]Wine and Remote Desktop??---- can't get mouse focus

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 3 16:42:32 CDT 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 05:19 pm, Yang Yang wrote:
> hi all:
>  I copied over a windows MSTSC.exe and ran the remote desktop,
>  it gave me a small window for the IP address, then after the
>  successful connection, it shows me the (full screen ) XP login
>  interface, weir thing is, it loses mouse / keyboard focus now, so I
>  can't type in anything, neither can I close the window, the focus is
>  still on the background (gnome) desktop, so I could press
>  Ctrl+Alt+F1 and go to console to manually kill the MSTSC.exe window.
>
>  anybody has an idea why it loses input focus?
>  thanks a lot
>
>  Yang
I'm not sure why this happens, but I kind of get the same problem when playing
Diablo 2, I use windowmaker as my WM and to get the focus back on the game, I
just flip to another windowmaker desktop and back again, you might try the
equivalent with Gnome.  Also there is the *nix program rdesktop that I use
regularly to connect to Windows terminal servers.
http://www.rdesktop.org/

--
Anish Mistry