[Wine]ActiveX support in Wine

Martin Widmark martin.widmark at takeit.se
Tue Sep 7 04:45:56 CDT 2004

By installing DCOM98 and fiddling with ole-dlls and tlbs Polydoc do run.
Unfortenately, it also crasches hard. I get:

> Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code
> (0x6ba2e353).
> In 32 bit mode.
> 0x6ba2e353: movl        0x0(%eax),%ecx

In the backtrace I get lots of mem-addrs, but one is strange:

> 9 0x734892f5err:dbghelp_msc:pdb_process_file -Unable to peruse .PDB file MSVBVM60.pdb

What's that? I tried google för MSVBVM60.pdb, and only got an italian page about Outlook.

Anyways, seems I've pretty much stuck here. The erring ocx seems to be TDBG6.OCX. It is
dated 1999. Its description states "True DBGrid Data Bound Grid" and was made by "APEX
Software Corporation". No luck googling for that either. i have no idea why this
workstation-app uses so much activex, I'll try to get an updated version (if there is
any). The app pretty much behaves when I run it under WinXP.

Cheers,
--
Martin Widmark
AB TakeIT