[Wine]ActiveX support in Wine

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 7 05:45:45 CDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:45:56 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

> By installing DCOM98 and fiddling with ole-dlls and tlbs Polydoc do run.

Fiddling is probably wrong. Try either with either all ole dlls set to
native, or built-in. Ole is every dll with a name starting with ole and
rpcrt4.dll.

You can check with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll to verify that the loading is what
you expect.

> Unfortenately, it also crasches hard. I get:
>
> > Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code
> > (0x6ba2e353).
> > In 32 bit mode.
> > 0x6ba2e353: movl        0x0(%eax),%ecx
>
> In the backtrace I get lots of mem-addrs, but one is strange:
>
> > 9 0x734892f5err:dbghelp_msc:pdb_process_file -Unable to peruse .PDB file MSVBVM60.pdb
>
> What's that? I tried google för MSVBVM60.pdb, and only got an italian page about Outlook.

A bug in the debugger. It has been fixed since the version that you use,
whatever that is.

Entering 'bt' at de debugger prompt will give you another cleaner
backtrace.

> Anyways, seems I've pretty much stuck here. The erring ocx seems to be TDBG6.OCX.

Why do you think that? If you want some more eyes to look at something
you do not understand post some more output, complete backtrace.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl