[Wine]TV cards

richard richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 04:38:49 CDT 2004

Drew Broadley wrote:
> James Hawkins wrote:
>
>>>Yes, the saying is still relevant, but it is a bit harsh. :)
>>
>>I could'nt agree more.
>

> RTM ? :)

Hi all, seeing as I started this thread, I'll add my two penneth.
What a lot of people forget when writing the FM is to make it understood
by someone who does not have the knowledge of the author

We can all write very good papers on what we understand for those who
also understand.
How many have printed off half a ream of paper to get a hard copy, only
to throw it in the bin with comments like "who wrote this shit"  ?.

I will be on a residential course from the end of this moth for 40
weeks, I'd like to get that TV card working in a linux/wine
envoironment, then at least I can use a proper OS.
The back up is to run it in windows AGHHHHH.

So far I cant get wine to see the cdrom, its configured as /dev/cdrom
which it is.

But with Mandrake using magicdev for mounting, its not as simple.

I've tried manually mounting and unmounting, and pulling hair out.

This is the type of problem that someone trying wine for the first time
to give up on it.
I dont give up ! but could do with some help

Richard