[Wine]mandrake 10 and wine

david thompson bright1 at zoom.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 06:56:14 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been using wine for sometime now (that's nice!!).

However, I am now experiencing problems with the end process of 'make
install'.

Namely it stalls/freezes at the creation of the fake windows ".wine".
Some of the files are there but not the wine.conf or system.reg files.

I thought that this would not be a problem as I had winetool (franks)
create a fake windows drive.

But when I run a program in console there is a complaint that

> Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
> Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not
> accessible

I have checked the permissions and all is ok.  I have checked the wine
conf file and that seems ok.

Does anyone have a clue????

david