[Wine]Meetingmaker 8

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 21 06:59:38 CDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:25:25 +0300, you wrote:

> I'm not aware of a demo. and another problem is that you'd need a real
> working server + client installation to reproduce so it would be quite a
> hassle. What I tried is using different native versions of comctl32.dll.
> This has an effect and some things work better than before.
>
> Now I'm interested in which dll's (or so) do the actual drawing and
> handling of simple widgets like one line text entries? Scrollbars? Is it
> comctl32.dll and nothing else or does this in turn use some other libraries?

The drawing routines are in gdi32.dll. But this could also easily be
caused by some fault in window updating, calculation what window parts
are visible, which is in user32.dll. It does not matter, both can not be
used natively. I guess what you call 'simple widget' translates to
controls. The basic types of these (available since win3.0) are edit
control, scroll, button, bitmap, icon, list box and some more. These are
also in user32.dll

Comctl32.dll contains the newer and more complicated controls like
listview, treeview, toolbar. This one can be used natively.

The richedit controls (riched*.dll) can be used natively. There are some
more, you can see what your application uses with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll

> Also, it doesn't make any sense to me that (at least visually) exactly
> the same one line text entry widgets work in some places (logging in to
> the system) but not in another places (about everywhere else in the
> program.) Could this be a clue to something? Another clue is that the
> problem is strictly visual. If you enter something to a text entry, it
> will be understood properly, only not displayed on screen.

Not enough clue to be useful I'm afraid. There are known problems in
this area, but it will take a while before they are all fixed.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl