[Wine]notes 6, bug 2484, winedebug techniques?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 23 08:47:00 CDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:30:44 +0300, you wrote:

> Rein Klazes wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:44:16 +0300, you wrote:
> >

> > Please, keep cc'ing wine-users list.
>
> Seems just "reply to sender" got pressed instead of "to all"...
>
> > If you just do:
> >
> > WINEDEBUG=+relay wine ... &>wine.log
> >
> > (fill in the dots with your program and arguments and change the log
> > file to your liking)
> >
> > does it not proceed? If there is anything written to the log file, what
> > are the last lines?
>
> I didn't recently try with both +relay *and* logging to file.
>
> Last time I did there was about 1 Gb of log, and I couldn't make
> anything of it.

The interesting part is in the end (just control-c the program when the
trouble is there). Use split or csplit to create manageable parts.

> With +relay and temporary logging to pipe, it seems to produce mainly
> lots of Enter/LeaveCriticalSection messages before hanging.

That happens sometimes. Use grep to filter them out, something like:

wine ... 2>&1 | egrep -v 'CriticalSec|SysLevel|Tls.etVal' >wine.log

to filter those and _EnterSysLevel _LeaveSysLevel TlsGetValue
TlsSetValue noise.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes