[Wine]Re: (no subject)

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Fri Sep 24 18:01:19 CDT 2004

Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
>>download
>>http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/Wine-20040914.tar.gz?download to
>>your home directory, open an xterm,
>
> Better to go to http://www.winehq.com/download and download the RPM of wine for
> Red Hat, it's built by winehq developers and is tested and known to work, and
> you can be sure it was compiled correctly.
> Also, we don't all use xterm.

You see, there are something like 30 rpms listed there, and for the most
common redhat distro versions, there are 4 rpms to choose from; if you
ask me, that's a lot; ok, go ahead, try the *i386* variant (if that
general name is correct, it'll run on your architecture)

By the way, xterm is in general included in a X installation; if it
isn't on his system, I'm sure we're not talking to a linux newbie here. ;)

HTH,

Joris