[Wine]Detecting DirectX (Fooling an App)

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 18:23:45 CDT 2004

I'm trying to test out Sonar XL 2.2 on wine20040814
(August) on a JDS R2 distro.  Whenever I run the
install program for Sonar, it says that it can't
detect DirectX, thus it wants to install it.

I believe with an earlier version of Wine (around the
June timefame), it doesn't do this.  Starting with the
August release, there is great DirectSound support
that I want to try.

Is there anything I can do to fool this app into
thinking that DirectX does exist?

Thanks!
Hiji