[Wine]odd problem with mouse-button-1

tec at wpi.edu tec at wpi.edu
Sun Sep 26 00:00:55 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm using a program (Vensim-PLE from Ventana) that has a graphics work area
and some menus on some task bars.  I'm running:

  $ wine --version
  Wine 20040615

And the latest version of the Windows program on a reasonably recent Linux
kernel (2.4.12-15).

My problem is when I try to use mouse-button-1 to select an item in the
graphics window, I get this WINPOS_GetWinOffset error and I don't get the
selection action.

  $ venple
  err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L""
  err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = 0x1
  err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = 0x1
  err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = 0x1
  err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = 0x1
  err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = 0x1
  err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = 0x1

However, if I click mouse-button-1 on a drop-down menu such as help
(displaying the menu but not selecting anything) and ther click
mouse-button-1 in the graphics area on an appropriate object, I _do_ get
the right result; the object is selected and highlighted.

Unfortunately, this "work around" only works for a single button click, and
then I have to click on a taskbar menu again.

Hovering over objects in the graphics area works, as does mouse-button-3.
(I don't think anything is bound to mouse-button-2.)

I've had this problem with several older versions of Wine and Vensim-PLE.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before in any other program?  If so,
is there a way to configure Wine around this problem?

Thanks,

	--tec