[Wine]Lotus notes 6 on Mandrake Linux

Yury Tarasievich grog at grsu.by
Thu Sep 30 06:35:06 CDT 2004

Abhay Kumar Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to run Notes on Mandrake linux 10 official
> with wine version 20040914. I have notes installed in
> my C driver winXP(NTFS). No success so I went to
> google. I saw this mail at
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/wine/msg15484.html
> saying that on coppying the entire notes folder to
> fake_windows wine works like charm. However, when i
> tried the same I get a password prompt I enter my
> password then I get an error
> PANIC: LookupHandle: null handle
>
> I have installed the rpm for mandrake and it created
> no config file. I have run wineprefixcreate and
> winecfg but even then no config file was created.
>
> Please tell me where I am going wrong. I really want
> to quit booting to windows but my company mail server
> and sametime connect is making me do that at least 3-4
> times a day.

Install 6.5.1 in windows (Joachim von Thadden tells 6.5 simply won't
work). Copy mfc42.dll, mfc42u.dll, msvcp60.dll from windows system to
your wine environment. Set win/fonts directory pointing to some dir with
good TTFs. Copy notes you've installed to your wine environment. I'm
using slackware 10, wine from fairly recent cvs and no wine config file,

--Yury