[Wine]Unsolvable segmentation fault

jorgepeixoto at redecasd.ita.br jorgepeixoto at redecasd.ita.br
Wed Sep 29 16:50:08 CDT 2004

> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:29:27 -0300 (BRT), you wrote:
>
>> cannot use wine with my windows partition. Whenever I try it , I
>> immediatly get segmentation fault messagens (even when trying to run
>> notepad.exe). If I modify the ~/.wine/dosdevices/c: simlink then wine
>> seems to work well (but this is not a good solution, because I want
>> wine to find programs and dlls in my windows partition). I use kurumin
>> (a brazillian distro based on KNOPPIX. It is basically adebian
>> testing) and the windows version is Windows 98 first edition (I use
>> windows 98 solely for wine compatibility). The wine came from the debs
>> in the tesnting release. I really would apreciate
>
> Try this with a recent wine.
>
> Rein.
Thank you for the tip. I downloaded the most recent .tar.gz from
sourcefourge.net, but I have one doubt now: can I just install it over the
one  I installed form the .deb? Will the installer be intelligent enough
to preserve configuration and the like? Will it mess up my system?Also, I wonder if those files from sourcefourge are recent enough. Would
it be better to get the cvs version?thanks in forward,

Jorge