[Wine]Re: How to fix fixme:...

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:56:55 CDT 2005

Hossein Movahhedian wrote:

> Unfortunately I don't know anything about Wine internals.

If you have done any C coding, then Wine really is fairly easy to work
on. I am a hardware guy by profession, but have done very occasional
Wine hacking.

> BTW, some of
> the programs which I run with Wine cannot load their default fonts. Is
> this related to these fixme messages or I have to go back to Wine User's
> Guide and read it throughly once again and try to fix the problem with
> the installation of the corresponding ttf fonts in Linux.

I guess you have the fonts? Then stick them in your Wine
C:/windows/Fonts directory. Wine should be able to use them with no
other changes, though I am not familiar with how Wine goes about picking
a "default" font.