[Wine]Trying to install Windows Media Player 10

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 08:51:15 CDT 2005

Hi, let me prefix by saying I'm very new indeed to wine, so you'll
have to excuse me if there's some things I don't get at first. Thanks
:)

Right. I'm trying to install Windows Media Player 10 on wine version
20050310, but as soon as I open the executable I get a dialog box
saying that 'This version of Windows Media Player can only be
installed on a computer running Windows XP (32 bit)'. Now I have wine
configured to display itself as Windows XP, I think (the Windows
directive in the [Version] section in ~/.wine/config is set to
'winxp'), so I don't understand the problem here.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com