[Wine]Menu issues with WeatherScope

Ryan May rmay at ROSSBY.METR.ou.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:02:56 CDT 2005

Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Do, Apr 14, 2005 at 05:20:38 -0500 schrieb Ryan May:
>
>>In my continuing efforts to get Weatherscope working in wine, I've
>>noticed an issue with the menubar. (WeatherScope is available here:
>>http://sdg.ocs.ou.edu/builds/final/win/WeatherScope/WeatherScope-1.2.1.exe)
>>Specifically, the menubar is not normally visible while running under
>>Wine.  I am still able to access the menus by clicking on them, but I
>>have to guess as to their position.  If I change focus to another
>>window, I can get the menubar to appear.
>

> Hmm, I don't know anymore the whole thread, but I integrated WS into
> WineTools and changed only in the config:
>
> ; WeatherScope
> [AppDefaults\\WeatherScope.exe\\DllOverrides]
> "comctl32" = "native"

Out of curiosity, why did you set this to native?  Was this for the
date/time picker issue mentioned previously?

> With my installation (wine-20041019) I *always* have the menu but I do
Hmmm....With wine-20050310 I have the problem with the invisible
menubar.  Could this be a problem with managed vs. unmanaged or
something?  If so, how are you running it?

> not know what to do how with the app and had no time to examine until
> now. If you give me some usage hints I can test whether it works or not.

Well, part of the problem is that in order to access any data and use
the program with any purpose, you need an account with the provider of
the program, the Oklahoma Climate Survey.  Personally, I've had no
problems running and testing the program, and overall it works great.
I'm just trying to iron out a few issues with the program so that it
might work flawlessly, as well as iron out some Wine bugs.

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
rmay at rossby.ou.edu