[Wine]Wine and ALSA

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Apr 21 12:22:43 CDT 2005

Hi,

I added some nice IP telephone programs and other sound related
applications to the next version of WineTools. The problem is that only
oss sound is reliable. With it it works very nice.

But if during running a program another linux program accesses sound,
the sound output of the Wine program is dying often does not come back.
This is typical as only one program can access the oss dsp-device. So I
tried running Wine with

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libaoss.so

but that does not work. It is simply ignored.

So my question is: How can I configure my system to allow simultaneous
playback of oss and alsa sound.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"