[Wine]Dreamweaver MX 2004

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Wed Apr 27 07:44:57 CDT 2005

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for your reply. Dreamweaver was not installed via Windows on my
computer. It is only run via Windows over the network. The machine it is
installed on, runs only the Linux operating system. This computer, has an
EXT3 partition and a FAT partition (the FAT partition holds all my old
Windows things). The FAT partition is mounted on /mnt/windows and my drive_c
in ~/.wine/drive_c is a symlink to /mnt/windows. Dreamweaver was installed
using wine 20040408. It was a year ago, but I believe the install was
successful (and I *can* run DW over the network).

I also have Macromedia Fireworks installed and that doesn't run either.
However, wine happily runs "solitaire" and "notepad" with no errors or
issues.

The reason I run DW over the network and don't just install it on the Win98
computer is because there is not enough room on the Windows PC, so I'm
taking advantage of the extra space on my Linux machine. Also the Linux
machine is my primary work computer and it would be easiest to run all of my
programs on it.

After lots of "WINEDEBUG"-ing, I believe it is getting stuck on the *.dll
called MMxpt.dll (it loads then unloads the module 3 times before the
crash).

I don't think there is a solution to my problem but I am hoping that I can
provide enough information to potentially help others.

Thanks again,

AB.