[Wine]Re: Help with debugging fatal exception in Dreamweaver

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Thu Apr 28 07:50:01 CDT 2005

Hi Mike

Thanks! You were correct.

I wrote a small C program to find out the result of gethostbyname() and the
result was h_errno=1 (HOST_NOT_FOUND). IBMFB1L0DH.ercsarnia.ca is an
internal address available only on our LAN, so it wouldn't work for you.
It's my computername (IBMFB1L0DH) and domain name. When I used "ping", I was
able to contact the computer. However, by googling I determined that
gethostbyname uses the $HOSTALIASES environment variable: mine was blank. so
I added my own computername and IP to my /etc/hosts, and set
$HOSTALIASES=/etc/hosts.

Now, Dreamweaver starts for the first time since I installed it one year
ago. That's all it wanted!!! I can't believe it.

I'm going to make a new post requesting more information on the WINEDEBUG
variable since it's been useful to me.

Thanks again Mike.