[Wine]problems installing wine

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sat Apr 30 05:14:54 CDT 2005

Am Sa, Apr 30, 2005 at 12:21:49 -0500 schrieb Jeff Vian:
> I just downloaded the latest version of wine from the site to install on
> my system.  My system is an Athalon XP 2400+ running Fedora Core 3,
> fully updated.
>
> I downloaded the file wine-20050419-1fc3winehq.athlon.rpm and installed
> it, then installed  winetools-2.1.1-jo.i386.rpm to go with it.

WineTools is not tested very well with this version of Wine. And I had
a similar effect because of Fedoras prelinking mechanism. For a short
test you can disable it by executing

prelink -uav
rm -f /etc/prelink.cache

and try again. Prelinking will be enabled automatically next time cron
starts the /etc/cron.daily/prelink script. Or you can do that manually.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"