No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:37:41 CDT 2005

TMediaPlayer Delphi control. The sound files it attempts to play
are .WAV files which are in fact WAVE Microsoft PCM.

I tried everything I could imagine (installed Ms MediaPlayer 7.1,
killed artsd, tried both on alsa and on OSS kernel driver, tried
wineoss, winealsa and winearts, triple-checked file
permissions....). Still does not work. And I do not know why.

So the first question: does anybody has success-receipt to have
application using Delphi TMediaPlayer control to play sound
under wine?

After glazing at wine config I imagined that maybe I could
configure wine so it intercepts sound related calls and passess
them to some program I would write. Are there any
examples/hints/suggestions/... of how to do it?
In fact, if I managed to force wine to call some my program or
script passing it the file name whenever it wants to play the
sound file, I would be 100% happy

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.