[Wine]Wine and Delorme Street Atlas 2005

Anthony D'Alberto afd1009 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 07:55:39 CDT 2005

Hello,
I'm sorry if this is a repeat post, but I have been working on this for the
better part of the year now.  I am trying to get Delorme Street Atlas 2005
to run under wine.  So far, I've been successful in getting the program to
run and talk to my RS232 GPS.  This means, I have all the database updates,
IE6, etc loaded and apparently working (AFAIK).

I am using wine to emulate win98, and can run the program just fine.  The
problem I'm having is with the GPS tracking.  While driving, the screen is
not updated, and the GPS keps going out of lock (at least that's what the SA
reports).  I wrrote a small GPS reading program in windows, loaded it, and
found the GPS is not losing its lock, SA is losing the GPS information.

Unfortunately, SA2005 is written in .NET or at least requires the .NET
framework.  At this point, I'm thinking there's a problem in the Databasing,
but am unsure.  I also don't know if there's really anything that can be
done to fix this problem.  Does anyone have success getting .NET framework
apps with heavy databasing to work?  Is the problem probably more on the
display refresh side?  Any help is extremely appreciated.  I don't know the
versions of everything I'm running right now, except wine which was a
november 2004 version, and I built everything from source.

Sincerely,
Anthony