[Wine]Need help:

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Sun Aug 14 21:44:05 CDT 2005

David Highley schreef:
> "Holly Bostick wrote:"
>

> What is the latest release depends on platform.

No, what is the latest release depends on what the project has released.
What any given distribution may or may not make available doesn't affect
what is the latest release of Wine, which is 20050725. The source code
tarball is not differentiated into 32-bit and 64-bit versions, as far as
I can see.

> I'm running 20050524 on
> a Fedora core 4 Opteron system. I tried to build from source but
> configure would not work. So far there seems to be little support for
> getting things to work either from this list or codeweaver. I'm not able
> to get Quickbooks Pro to run.

Sorry, I don't know anything about 64-bit systems at all, nor about
Quickbooks for that matter. It is possible, of course, that the
application does not run at this time, or that it does not run on 64-bit
systems at this time.

Although.... you're using gcc4, aren't you? I just heard that's the
Fedora default gcc version. Perhaps that's the source of your inability
to compile the source code.

Are you absolutely locked into the necessity to use Quickbooks specifically?

Holly