[Wine]winecfg - how to set 'default' mode

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Mon Aug 15 12:42:50 CDT 2005

Dan Sawyer schreef:
>> Holly Bostick wrote:
>>

>>>In winecfg what is the syntax to set default mode? I tried the '*' but
>>>it would not add it.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Dan
>>>

>>Sorry, maybe I'm dim, but I'm not getting what you're asking.
>>
>>Default mode in what respect/section/tab of winecfg are you referring to?
>>
>>If you have "Default Settings" selected (highlighted) in the first tab,
>>then all subsequent settings in other tabs will be the default settings.
>>
>>If you have added one or more individual applications, and have one of
>>them selected in the Applications tab, rather than "Default Settings",
>>the settings you make on subsequent tabs will be per-application, for
>>the selected application only (look at the title bar, you will see that
>>each subsequent tab is labelled "*** Settings for ****.exe (your
>>application)".
>>
>  Thanks for the reply. In the config file the syntax:
>
> "*" = "native, builtin"
>
> forces native over builtin dll mapping. How is this general parameter
> set with winecfg.

In the "Libraries" tab, add the name of a specific dll that you want to
change the behaviour for (override) in the "New dll for override" field.

When a name has been filled in in the first field, the "Add" button will
activate. Add the DLL. Then select it and choose "Edit"; a popup window
will allow you to choose the behaviour of the override.

HTH,
Holly