[Wine]set date format in wine

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue Aug 16 07:55:34 CDT 2005

Am Di, Aug 16, 2005 at 12:41:28 +0200 schrieb rinke hoekstra:
> I want to run a windows app which saves a date format in a text file.
> When this application is run in windows, it uses the date format
> dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss (24 hour clock).
>
> However, when I run it under wine, it saves dates in the wrong date
> format: mm/dd/yyyy h:mm:ss (so, 12 hour clock with am/pm).
>
> Is there a way to set wine up that it uses another date format?

This depends on your language setting. If you language on the console
where you start wine from is set to english, then you get an english
date format.

echo $LANG

gives you the actual setting on the console where you type it. E.g.

export LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"

gives you an UTF-8 german setting.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden