[Wine]Sentinel Driver

Vince uberneen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 08:10:00 CDT 2005

I'm trying to run the Ardis Cutting Optimizer under
wine but it uses a Rainbow Sentinel driver to detect a
parallel port dongle for copy protection.  I have the
dongle and I've installed the sentinel driver, but
when I run wine COWIN.exe I get the following:

fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD
L"sntnlusb.vxd".  Try setting Windows version to
'nt40' or 'win32'.

At that point the program pops up a window telling me
that I need to install the sentinel driver.

I've tried changing the version and it produces the
same error.  I've looked up the file and it's the usb
sentinel driver, which shouldn't apply here, but it
apparently checks for both usb and parallel.  The
other modules run just fine under wine, but without
the primary executable, they won't work.

Any ideas?

Vince~