[Wine]Current status on InstallShield

Tom Cavin tec at wpi.edu
Wed Aug 17 14:25:05 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to install some special simulation software and ran into
problems with InstallShield when running the wine-20050419-1wbel3winehq RPM
version of WINE.  I checked the winehq site and found a number of
references to similar problems with InstallShield that identified this as a
regression and indicated current work and a possible fix in the CVS tree.

(This is the InstallShield bug that started generating lots of:
  fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
  fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
errors and then continued with other problems before dying.)

I wasn't able to quickly determine if the fix is in the latest rpm, if I'll
need to compile from the CVS source, or if I'll want to move to an earlier
version of WINE.  (Since I'm only using WINE for this software, an earlier
version would not be a problem for me.)

What is the current status of WINE and InstallShield?

Thanks,

    --Tom

--
Tom Cavin                                     Email:       tec at wpi.edu