[Wine]wine and Real Rhapsody player

John Bailo jabailo at texeme.com
Mon Aug 22 00:59:24 CDT 2005

I am trying to make Rhapsody (the Real Networks music
service) to run under wine.

This guy, AmishGeek, says he got it to work:

http://www.amishgeek.com/info/rhapsody

But I don't quite understand all his instructions...and I tried sending him
an email but his email box was full.   I don't understand the parts about
installing windows media ( my machine is dual boot XP, Suse 9.3 ).   Does he
want me to install it under the XP partition or Suse?

In Suse:

If I open a terminal and enter:

jbailo at texeme:~> wine /windows/C/Program\ Files/Rhapsody/rhapsody.exe

It does a whole bunch of crazy stuff like this:

-839a-00c04fd918d0}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{4657278a-411b-11d2-839a-00c04fd918d0}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIB copy
fixme:bitblt:X11DRV_BitBlt potential optimization - client-side DIB copy
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{4657278a-411b-11d2-839a-00c04fd918d0}, hres is 0x80040154

Then it throws an alert that says:

"The application is requesting an ActiveX browser object, but the Mozilla
Active X control is currently not installed.  Do you wish to download and
install it?"

If I say yes, it says

"An internal error occurred and Rhapsody must shut down.  We apologize for
the inconvenience."

Any advice would be well appreciated as I love Rhapsody but I'm forced to boot
into XP to use it!