[Wine]Error-messages with winecfg and Adobe Photoshop6.0

a8411807 a8411807 at unet.univie.ac.at
Mon Aug 22 08:46:36 CDT 2005

I have installed  wine-20050628-mdk.i586.rpm on a Mandrake 10.2 system
for x86_64 with  kernel-2.6.11.6mdk-1-1mdk.
When I start Adobe Photoshop 6.0 which I installed with wine I am always
getting the following messages with errors:

[root at localhost ~]# wine '/root/.wine/drive_c/Program
Files/Adobe/Photoshop 6.0/Photoshp.exe'
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}
not registered
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
err:ddeml:DdeConnect Done with INITIATE, but no Server window available
fixme:process:SetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,1465484611,-1): stub
- harmless
This version of Wine was compiled without support for color management
functions. This means many color functions are empty stubs and you should
expect your application to fail. To enable Wine to use LittleCMS for color
management please install a liblcms development package version 1.13 or
higher and rebuild Wine.
http://www.littlecms.com
This version of Wine was compiled without support for color management
functions. This means many color functions are empty stubs and you should
expect your application to fail. To enable Wine to use LittleCMS for color
management please install a liblcms development package version 1.13 or
higher and rebuild Wine.
http://www.littlecms.com
fixme:palette:GetICMProfileA (0xb430, 0x55bfe9f4, 0x55bfe9f8): partial stub
fixme:palette:GetICMProfileA (0xb43c, 0x55bfe9fc, 0x55bfea00): partial stub
This version of Wine was compiled without support for color management
functions. This means many color functions are empty stubs and you should
expect your application to fail. To enable Wine to use LittleCMS for color
management please install a liblcms development package version 1.13 or
higher and rebuild Wine.
http://www.littlecms.com
err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface
{00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface
{00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface
{00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x1096e18 "?" wait timed
out in thread 000c, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x1096e18 "?" wait timed
out in thread 000c, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

Photoshop starts and I can work but sometimes I can't open files because
Photoshop generates the message that it has not enough RAM. I think this
has to do with the above errors in ntdll and? ole. I tried to add Dll
override for ntdll.dll but the errors remain the same. The same error
occures with winecfg when I add several Dll overides. In this case
winecfg crashes. So I think this has to do with wine internally and not
with Photoshop (and perhaps other memory-using windows-programms). Or
has this to do with the missing support for colour management?

Has anybody a hint what is going wrong? Especially how can I manage the
out of Ram - issue ?.

Thank you very much for any help and information!

Dorymachos