[Wine]What does this error mesg mean?

Marc Jackson mjackson at ravenswood.k12.ca.us
Mon Aug 22 13:42:37 CDT 2005

Hello,

I'm very new to wine.  I'm trying to use wine to run an Educational program
for a
grade school.  The name of the educational program is "Compass Learning".

[ I believe I installed the package 07252005. i.e. from July 25th of this
year. ]

I used winecfg to try and configure things, but it gave me an error about
not
being complete.  I couldn't use the drop down menu to show where the
setup.exe
file for Compass Learning was.

I have a config file in .wine that looks something like:

[Drive C]
"Path"="/c"
"Type"="hd"
"Label"="MS-DOS"

"Windows"="c:\\windows"
"System"="c:\\windows\system"

*****end of config*****

I used samba to mount a windows share at /mnt/cl1 &  ln -s /c c:\\

and run the following command:

wine /mnt/cl1/foo/setup.exe

I'm getting an error message:

Warning: the specified windows directory L"c:\\Windows" is not accessible.

What does this error mean and how do I fix it?

BTW, the having a sample config file on a web page instead of in a source
file would be nice
for a newbie like myself. Especially since y'all are moving a way from the
config file.  I did try
to download a source file and look in documentation/samples, but that
dir/folder doesn't seem
to exist on the tarball I retrieved.

Regards,

Marc