[Wine]Error During Rhapsody Install

John Bailo jabailo at texeme.com
Mon Aug 22 23:13:16 CDT 2005

So I followed the advice about installing SideNet and it seemed to go ok.

After that I upgraded to the latest Suse 9.3 build of Wine.

Then I tried to install Rhapsody.exe

It got to a certain point in the install and reported:

 MessageType = 2, MessageID = 3060 : Param = 100fixme:vxd:VXD_Open
Unknown/unsupported VxD L"mcstrm.vxd". Try setting Windows version to 'nt40'
or 'win31'.
fixme:winsock:NtStatusToWSAError Status code c0000024 converted to DOS error
code 6

How do I set the Windows version, and is this advisable since I believe the
Rhapsody player requires at least windows 98 if not 2k or even XP?

After that error message the install continues...in fact its been running for
the last 30 minutes, it ends up hanging (I think) and reporting:

"fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects"

about 50 times.

Any advice?