[Wine]Running wine from php pages with "Xvfb" not fix yet

Eka Permana eka.permana at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:48:36 CDT 2005

Thanks for your reply before

I tried your solution, but my problem not fix yet.

Maybe I missundertand about:
- What is startup script do you mean? Is it not ".bash_profile" that located
  on my home user folder (/home/takeda)? If I false, please show me the file
  and where the folder located. While I trying your solution, I embedded
  script "Xvfb :1 &" on my ".bash_profile" then I reboot my computer
and login again
  with same user (is takeda), sure as usualy I embedded
  script "export DISPLAY=:1" to "my_csript.sh", but when I try execute
  my "wine.php" my app.EXE is not loaded.
  With no error message, and the browser only execute my script
  (echo 'Executing  WINE')

  So I try script "Xvfb :1 &" to my Konsole(Shell) and the result is
show like this:
  [1] 3152
  [root at localhost takeda]# Could not init font path
  element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
  What happen with my CID_fonts support? I need fix this error first?
Please tell me
  the way. (I use Xvfb that comes with Xfree RHEL AS R.3 package).

- I don't understand to setting up apache user to have write permissions on the
  directory. That's will be problem too? . Cause If I want to start
Apache I still must
  login as root, but on my Konsole, I just use "su" command and start
the Apache.
  Whereas, I setup Apache, PHP, and WINE for user "takeda".

Nota-bene:

.bash_profile (locate: /home/takeda/.bash_profile)
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
	. ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs
Xvfb:1 &
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH
unset USERNAME

my_script.sh (locate: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/lat/my_script.sh)
#!/bin/bash
export DISPLAY=:1
echo "hello, $USER. Please wait... Executing an application
wine /home/takeda/app.exe

wine.php (locate: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/lat/wine.php)
<?php
echo 'Executing WINE';
exec ('/usr/local/apache/htdocs/lat/my_script.sh');
?>

Thanks

Eka Permana