[Wine] Fwd: Monitoring Parallel Port

Trev Jackson trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 12:42:11 CST 2005

Hi everyone

I am trying to get my scanner working under linux and to develop a driver I
need to capture the data.

I have downloaded wine-0.9.2-mdk.i586.rpm and installed it.

The wine developers guide (section 3.1) mentions setting read and write
 values in the config file.

The new version of wine does not have a config file, so I would be grateful
 if someone would let me know how to set read and write access for LPT1,
 because currently the scanner software is reporting "scanner not found".

I am also getting:

fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"plkscnr.vxd". Try setting
 Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"scandrv.vxd". Try setting
 Windows version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.

I have looked on my windows computer and cannot find these files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards

Trev