Fwd: Re: [Wine] Fwd: Monitoring Parallel Port

Trev Jackson trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 06:35:46 CST 2005

Oops I sent the last message back to the sender, not the list....

Subject: Re: [Wine] Fwd: Monitoring Parallel Port
Date: Thursday 08 Dec 2005 12:10
From: Trev Jackson <trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk>
To: Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de>

On Thursday 08 Dec 2005 09:15, you wrote:

>     Trev> I've tried Windows 2000 in winecfg and now I don't get the
> errors, Trev> however I am still getting the scanner not found message box,
> so I Trev> guess I still have access problems.
>
> It looks like the software comes with it's own driver, some .sys or .vxd
> file. Wine can't run those drivers.

Hi

The troubleshooting documentation that came with the printer suggests
 updating the lpt.vxd file if problems are encountered.  I would assume from
 this that it uses this driver to access the scanner.  From looking on the
 web I can only find reference to lpt.vxd for Windows 95, is this because the
 EPP driver works OK in later versions or is it because the driver is
 implemented differently?

I don't own a copy of Windows 2000, which is the only version that does not
produce file not found errors, so I cannot copy the Windows 2000 version of
lpt.vxd to my wine setup.

If I download an from Microsoft an updated lpt.vxd for Windows 95 and copy it
into the system directory will wine use the driver?

Best Regards

Trev