[Wine] Visual Studio 6 Install Fails Hard

Daniel.Rollins at faa.gov Daniel.Rollins at faa.gov
Mon Dec 12 13:09:37 CST 2005

Running Red Hat Enterprise 3. I can install and run all of my Visual Basic
6 created programs (but I occasionally have Access database corruption)
but to troubleshoot some issues I want to install Visual Studio 6 under
Wine. However, every time I try to install, the PC locks up hard (clock
stops, no mouse, can't telnet in). I have to remove power and reboot, not
a nice way to reboot. Has anyone encountered this and any workaround?

Dan Rollins
Seattle ARTCC