[Wine] Wine 0.9.3: Painter 7 and Classic Painter problems

Robin Pfeifer robinpfeifer at web.de
Mon Dec 12 13:00:57 CST 2005

I have recently installed Wine 0.9.3 and subsequently tried to set up
Painter 7, an application I have used successfully with several versions
of Wine before. On this version it won't install anymore; after asking
for the serial number it freezes. It's an update version, if that makes
any difference.

I also tried an older Painter Classic, and that installed well; however,
it opens in a way that it jumps right out of my desktop at the top and
right edges (probably thanks to the fact that I have set my XFce desktop
to leave certain margins, and it adheres to the left and bottom edge
settings). So I constrained it to a 1024x768 desktop. That works well as
far as displaying the program is concerned, but there is a shifting
discrepancy between where the mouse is and where the painting takes
place; there is a sliding offset, changing during usage, making it
impossible to actually use the program as you can't predict anymore
where a stroke will start.

As both programs used to work considerably better, does anyone have any
hints for me?

Robin