[Wine] network problem with wine

Nagy Viktor viktor.nagy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:36:38 CST 2005

Hello!

I never needed wine before, so it can be a newbie question, but I could not
find any documentation on my problem.

I HAVE TO use a software at my uni in a competition written for Windows. The
program would connect to a server, and download some data from it. I could
install the program, and it starts properly, but when I test the internet
connection it fails to connect.

The log file's line is:
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.

Should I set something? I'm always connected to the net with LAN (not
modem).

I'm useing a Debian sarge, with "Wine 20050310" installed as a .deb package.

Thanks,
Viktor