[Wine] GL error crashes wine

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:10:50 CST 2005

Sam Bateman wrote:
> I've got a problem.  Whenever I run wine with a Windows
> program that uses OpenGL, it gives me this message:
>
> err:opengl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat glXChooseFBConfig returns NULL (glError: 0)
>
> and quits.  I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.
> I've tried the official release as well as the CVS version, neither works.
> What can I do about this?

This was recently discussed on wine-devel:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/36976

It concluded that there exists a couple of reasons why
glXChooseFBConfig might return NULL, but fortunately Wine can fall
back to ChooseVisual when it does.  I don't think anyone has coded a
patch yet, although you might want to check one of the commit logs.

You might want to chime in over on wine-devel with your GLX version, X
version, gfx driver version etc.