[Wine] lower case letters

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Mon Dec 19 14:20:03 CST 2005

On December 18, 2005 12:24 am, René Piquemal wrote:
> with kde3 and Mandrake 2006
>
> there is not grave, circumflex, acute on my wine
> how change fonts in the window of program running with wine
> thanks
Seeing as no-one has yet replied, here is my minimal and not very
thorough answer.  It's what I've just done to change the actual
fonts being used.

First of all you can try running with the WINEDEBUG=+font to see
exactly which fonts are being asked for and which are being used
for them.  You will need to know how to redirect output and look
through it.

Then you can use regedit to edit the entries in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows
NT/CurrentVersion/FontSubstitutes to tell Wine which font you
want it to use for each font.

For example I have almost everything to "Bitstream Vera Sans"
because otherwise it chooses an unacceptable other font.

Alternatively you can go find appropriate TrueType fonts for what
is requested and install them into
your .wine/c_drive/windows/fonts directory.

Hopefully that will help.
--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com