[Wine] Hamlet' question about wine and scanner: to be or not to be (supported)?

f_sophia f_sophia at libero.it
Thu Dec 29 16:32:43 CST 2005

Hi,

I have an old partport optical scanner (an LG Scanwork 36a)...
Of course,I can't use this scanner with linux (no driver).
So, I'm trying to install win-driver with wine. :-)
I read documentation (unfortunately insufficient) and... I fell in an "Hamlet'
question"!

The wine user manual asserts that I can install scanner's win-driver in wine,
unfortunately with too much vagueness about "how".

"Frank's corner" (FAQ page), on the contrary:
[quotes]
Q: Can I use Windows drivers with Wine?
A: No
[unquotes]