[Wine]Sound software that works in WINE

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Feb 2 08:43:55 CST 2005

These are not free but if you have them under windows, they work just fine in
WINE:

Tabledit, tabledit viewer (tablature editor and player, abc import, etc. -- A
good application.)

Abcmus (abc editor/player)

Harbal (Equalization to improve audio, compare to stuff you like--I was quite
surprized when this one played! Misidentifies the sound card but plays! The
only audio app so far I found usable and in real time yet.)

XGEdit (If you have an XG sound card, this one is handy. Caveat--the rightmost
column of button showing the voices does not appear because the author is
playing a few tricks, I suppose. Still usable to an extent, however.)

These are free:

AnalogX VPiano (computer keyboard plays MIDI. Could probably be of use using
jack if this works correctly in WINE).

DBPowerAmp music converter (Convert wav <--> MP3 -- works on right click or
standalone under Windows, standalone using WINE. Very useful!)