[Wine]Unhandled exception with regsvr32

Jon Niehof jon_niehof at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 22:55:54 CST 2005

I've more-or-less successfully installed IE6 under 20050111. It
works fine but PNG's don't display, so I tried reregistering the
pngfilt dll:

wine regsvr32 c:\\windows\\system\\pngfilt.dll
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Usage: winedbg [--auto] [--gdb] cmdline

(not sure why the debugger doesn't start properly. I did have
debugging enabled when I configured...)

I get the same results, except for the thread number, if I use a
native regsvr32 or the builtin. I also tried another version of
the DLL I had lying around, with no luck.

Reregistering other random DLL's seems to work.

Suggestions? Anyone else had these problems?