[Wine]wine-20050111 - missing MSVCR71.dll

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:19:59 CST 2005

Hi,
   Much older versions of Wine didn't seem to uncover this problem,
but newer versions (since 12/04 I think) do. What's the most likely
cause of this and how should I approach fixing it on my system? My
current setup is wine-20050111 from source. After it was built all
existing .wine directories were deleted and wine --version was run to
set them up. I have not used Winetools yet.

[mark at Godzilla xfst]$ wine xfst.exe.so ~/VSTs/Crystal.dll
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
L"Z:\\home\\mark\\ VSTs\\Crystal.dll") not found
can't load plugin /home/mark/VSTs/Crystal.dll
[mark at Godzilla xfst]$

I believe the problem is the missing MSVCR71.dll file. Was this
included in earlier versions of Wine? Or is wine finding more missing
things these days? It really doesn't seem to be on my system:

[root at Godzilla root]# updatedb
[root at Godzilla root]# slocate MSVCR71.dll
[root at Godzilla root]#

All I have running here today is Win XP if it's OK to copy from that.
If not then where should I get what's required? I found this site:

http://www.dll-files.com/

They do seem to have a file:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71

   Thanks in advance for your ideas.